08 May 2008

ICRS 2007


 (originally posted July 19, 2007)


Well what can I say? It's been like a ghost town on this page and I profusely apologize. I have a good reason though. My book is out in print now and I've been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to make a presence for this book everywhere.
Got back from the International Christian Retail Show (Atlanta, Georgia) last week. I felt like a kid in a candy store. Even met 2 authors I love - Michelle McKinney Hammond (in the lobby at the Ritz) and Stormie Omartian (casually walking around at the convention). What a treat! I had my own booksigning and felt like a princess. People were so incredibly warm and friendly. The publishing company I'm with, WinePress, had it all together - beautiful open booth, lots of wonderful staff there, etc. My hubby, was a major sweetie. He was not only supportive as a wonderful husband but he also did triple duty as my photographer and videographer, as well. Thanks, Sweetie Pie!
The Tuesday after we got back, I had a radio interview with a Christian station in Lapeer, Michigan (WMPC 1230 AM), with a wonderful interviewer, Greg Bullen. We talked for about 20 minutes about the book. He was very encouraging and I really enjoyed our chat.And thank you to Jesus, my friends and my family who love me and support me through my creative endeavors! You are what makes life worth living.

No comments: