06 June 2011

Behind the Scenes of "And God Created Human: A Collection of Scenes and Monologues" Part 1


Introduction...
I was recently reminded that a good friend, and wonderful supporter of my work, uses my book, And God Created Human: A Collection of Scenes and Monologues, as a devotional. I love this because it goes beyond the walls of being just scripts for actors and pastors to perform in church (and retreats and Bible studies), but allows a reader to ponder about life’s bumps (hence, the ‘questions for reflection’ at the end of each scene) during their quiet time.

No matter how much we try to control what comes into our lives, we live in a world where there are cracks that occasionally allow undesirable matter to seep through. However, I’ve heard it’s not what comes into one’s life that shapes the person but the way that person responds to it. I think this is what gives us hope. We don’t have to be sitting ducks and remain immobile with mud slung to our faces. Nope.

We have something to guide and direct us to a path of recovery and rejuvenation - The Bible...God’s love letter reminding us that we are not alone.

Devotionals are wonderful tools steering us towards God, His Word, and the life around us. These guide us in seeking God’s desires and to remind us to stop, ponder and reflect what God is trying to whisper in our ears.

I hope
And God Created Human can be a fun, creative, different and reflective way of spending time alone with God. Act out the scenes and allow God to direct. Absorb the story as an audience member and ponder what it may mean in your life.

Join me as I blog about the scenes and monologues from the book and what they mean to me. Everything from fear, insecurity, lusts, and good ol' entertaining wackyness.

COMING SOON TO A BLOG (OK, Jana’s own) NEAR YOU!


No comments: