12 March 2019

Going back to basics - plus a new short film "The Bus Stop"

Think back to the beginning of the 20th century and how incredibly new film was back then. We didn't even have sound. And, yet today, the early part of the 21st century, our technology is far beyond anything we could have imagined even twenty years ago. Is this a good thing? I think it can be, but the problem is with every new shiny toy or tool we are handed the more jaded we may become. Where will this land us as a society? So far we have people walking around staring at their phones (why? has someone just sent you a message/video/news that's earth shattering. most likely not). We're resembling zombies at this point. What has happened to connection? Can't we look at our fellow human beings anymore? Or, must we pretend we are such busy/important people looking into the abyss of the phone or computer screen?

As for me, I'm looking for simplicity because that shiny new toy just doesn't hold my attention anymore. I'm not completely separated from our newer technology, just stepping back a bit. Decided to make a silent film in honor of the technology back in the 20 century. A time that I adore looking back on. Strictly as an observer of course (wasn't born till much later). I honor the old, but I do take advantage of the new (using digital camera and not actual film...easier and cheaper!). I'm not a complete simpleton.

Here's The Bus Stop:

No comments: