08 May 2008

Creativity

 

My small group from church (an amazing creative bunch they are) and I are using my book as a little study right now. I'm loooving to hear the dialogue (that I wrote) out loud. Yes, I've heard it in other group readings before but I think one can never get sick of hearing their work enthusiastically read (& acted out) by others. That's the whole point of writing...right?...to have others share in your creativity, your little corner of the world.
Seeing my characters and situations come alive only stirs up enthusiasm in my soul to write/create even more. If only God would open more doors for me....hmmm...note to self - pray about it!Pray for opportunities...(light bulb moment) of course! I pray for everything else.
My prayer group leader, and dear friend, leaves her whole artistic career in God's hand and He's opening doors right and left. It's a beautiful sight to see. (I must remember that God is my partner in this thing we call life. He tells us He'll carry the load...I need to remember that!)
Also....ahhh....I adore the conversations I have with my small church group that stem from both my book and other sources 'cause it gets us to open up and share struggles, triumphs, fears, basically everything. Community...connection...love it!
I'm also an avid reader at this point in my life and I enjoy nothing more than curling up with a good book and suspending time to go travel into another person's (the author) imagination or experience. It broadens my horizons a bit. It get me to think, to worry less, to question more, to appreciate. And the Bible! Need I say more? Such wild scenes and characters in that one! We're really fortunate to have a very patient Father.Cheers....I hope you feel inspired to go out and create...have fun...share with the world!

No comments: